[Gllug] Linux Training Issues

Adrian J Cole adrian at ajcole.com
Wed Oct 31 09:34:41 UTC 2007

Hi there

Am new to the GLLUG, and I am wondering about training in Linux.

I am very proficient in all things Mac and Windows, networking,
security, printing and the like as well as a fair few DOS commands.  I
used to be a network engineer for Windows and Macs....

I now want to escape to Linux.

So what I am after in London is a recommendation for one-on-one
training, NOT in a classroom situation, pref at home/cafe or similar and
for a number of two to three hours slots.

Maybe a proficient IT student or similar....anyway..skills i am after...

Basic bash instruction, compiling, writing etc...
Networking
Printing
Users
apt get stuff
running command line stuff
Then running Apache. MySql...only once I am happy with the previous.

Thats for starters...

I live in Paddington..

So any recommendations?  I am free most days and evenings as I work for
myself.

Warm regards

Adrian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk