[Gllug] Apache problem on Debian stable

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Tue Sep 18 09:35:08 UTC 2007

I have just installed Debian stable on a new machine and everyting sems to work
fine except for Apache !

For some reason incoming connection requests to port 80 are simply 'hanging'.

If I type on the box itself :
telnet 192.168.123.204 80       OR       telnet 127.0.0.1 80
GET                                      GET

I get a response page

However if I type
telnet 192.168.123.204 80
from any of the other boxes on the internal network no connection is made
- the screen simply hangs.

telnet 192.168.123.204  to  the telnet and smtp ports works fine from the
other boxes.

The new machine is listening on 0.0.0.0.:80

I cannot see anything in iptables taht would block the tcp connection
request arriving,  so I am completely stumped as to where to look.

Any suggestions?

thanks
Tim

This E-Mail (and any files transmitted with it) is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received it in
error please notify the sender and delete the message.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk