[Gllug] MP3 player recomendations

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Mon Sep 3 09:52:53 UTC 2007

Hi

Nix wrote:
> Ah, that's probably the difference. Last time I tested it (three years
> ago, aged 28) I could hear up to 25kHz. This is quite a drop from days

While not really caring about the intricacies of audiophilia (I live in
London near a main road, it's never quiet enough to even hear the hiss
from my amp, let alone artifacts ;) I am rather curious to know what my
frequency response is. I don't have a baseline from my youth, but I can
easily still hear a CRT TV, which (if I understand what it is I'm
hearing correctly) is about 15kHz.

Sure I could just fire up some sound editor and generate tones, but I'd
prefer a little tool specifically designed for the task which steps up
the frequency slowly so I can find the cutoff more easily. Anyone know
of such a beast?

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones