[Gllug] Virus on Linux/Mac

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun Sep 23 12:09:17 UTC 2007

On 21 Sep 2007, Chris Jones outgrape:
> Once you have untrusted code running locally, it's pretty much game over
> because there are bound to be local root exploits that have yet to be
> disclosed (and even if there aren't, one should assume there are).

And even if there really aren't, most crackers don't much care if they
can't get root these days. They want to send spam and more worms, and
a random user account can do that easily.

--
`Some people don't think performance issues are "real bugs", and I think
such people shouldn't be allowed to program.' --- Linus Torvalds
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk