[Gllug] Routing / IPCop

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Sep 27 08:33:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 19:36 +0100, Juergen Schinker wrote:
> I know but who wants bonding anyway when he can have redundacy much cheaper

Bonding doesn't have to be expensive. We offer unmanaged bonded ADSL the
cost of which is only the cost of 2 ADSL connections. There is no
additional charge for the bonding. It's only the managed service that is
expensive.

> > If latency isn't an issue using a wireless connection is OK. Usually
> > however latency is an issue.
>
> latency while downloading?

Yes so the download doesn't fail when you suffer excessive packet loss
due to latency.

How about VPN and interactive usage? Those are not uncommon.

> > Has anyone actually had that though? I keep hearing that mobile speeds
> > never really exceed 2Mb and usually don't exceed 1Mb.
>
> its just a question of time..
>
> right now they are about 1.5MB gut they are upgrading their network

So are BT and other wholesale DSL suppliers. Some ADSL suppliers already
offer up to 24Mb and from next year all ISPs will be able to offer this
as the network is upgraded.

Jason

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk