[Gllug] No Expo this year

Steven Goodwin steev at tuls.pauken.co.uk
Wed Sep 5 16:37:03 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 05:06:58PM +0100, Dan Kolb wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 04:49:24PM +0100, Steven Goodwin wrote:
> > I like the stream idea. If you can quantify what those should be
> > effectively (e.g. sysadmin, programming, multimedia) then one person can
> > take charge of each room, and focus on speakers/projects for it. With
> > minimal cross-over, hopefully.
>
> Are we essentially suggesting a FOSDEM-a-like, but with with more emphasis on
> the user/admin, rather than the developer?

I'm only speaking for myself, but yes! All developers are users, but not
all users are developers. I think we'd get a bigger catchment. Besides,
if we have enough space, a "developers room" could accomodate them.

And FOSDEM is turning into a social networking event for many.
Whether it's social in the pub, or the dev rooms, the scheduled lectures
are the binding ingredient for everything else that goes on.

All IMHO, YMMV, FWIW, etc, etc, etc...

Steev

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk