[Gllug] Free to good home: Acorn A680 (complete)

Sarah Lemarié sarah at thaum.net
Fri Sep 21 09:28:34 UTC 2007

Hello - long time no post :)

I've been quietly lurking away; however I've reason to post all of a
sudden as I've been charged with homing what is apparently an Acorn
A680, and I suspect I might find somebody with an interest in such a
thing around here.

I'll keep it brief; if you're interested get in touch and I'll be
happy to answer any questions.

I was only given the machine, with no paperwork to identify it, but
booting and poking on it has led me to believe it's an A680 - they
were fairly rare development machines for RISCiX. The display,
keyboard, two mice, and all the cables you need plus some more are
available. It boots to some extent..but you may need to work on it to
make it do anything, I'm not familiar enough with old Acorns to
comment, closest I ever came was using at A3000 :)

Photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahlemarie/sets/72157602106250419/

Info here and here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RISC_iX

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~theom/riscos/docs/ultimate/a252mach.txt

It's available for pickup from Oxford Circus. Drop me an email if
you'd like to give it a home, it'd be a real shame to see it thrown
away.

Sarah.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk