[Gllug] No Expo this year

Steven Goodwin steev at tuls.pauken.co.uk
Wed Sep 5 15:49:24 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 03:59:48PM +0100, Sean Tohill wrote:

> there is no reason why we couldn't organise an event here over a weekend.
> i could book several rooms, scatter vendors/companies about and have
> various streams going on in different rooms/lecture theatres (pubs?).

I like the stream idea. If you can quantify what those should be
effectively (e.g. sysadmin, programming, multimedia) then one person can
take charge of each room, and focus on speakers/projects for it. With
minimal cross-over, hopefully.

One thing that Fosdem also does is have a Debian room, a KDE room, etc.
I'm not sure if there's enough people to man rooms for each
distro/project though.

> the problem would be the organisation, which would require several people.

Agreed. And if you want to a substitute for this years expo, there's
probably no time to do everything we want. So, do we try to arrange a
version 1 this year? Or wait for a bigger bang next?

S.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk