[Gllug] Virus on Linux/Mac

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Fri Sep 21 22:29:38 UTC 2007

- Tethys wrote:
> On 9/21/07, t.clarke <tim at seacon.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> I don't see that restricting who can do direct SMTP stops the internet
>> 'working'.
>>

> I do.
>
> Tet

As much as I hate to agree with Herr Tethys, I agree with Herr Tethys

(That's as least 3 or 4 times now, dammit).

And here I'm speaking as someone who, I respectfully submit, has a lot
more experience with dealing with spam than  the vast majority of people
on this list.

There are sufficient compelling reasons for email to be originating from
dynamic IP ranges that a block on all such ranges is as unfair as it is
impractical.

--

 Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
    Consultant    |  martin at antibodymx.net      | filtering. Inoculate