[Gllug] mp3 players

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 4 12:37:43 UTC 2007

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:09:08 +0000 (GMT) Chris Bell
<chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>    I think most of us can manage reasonable echo location of larger
> objects, certainly enough to make us aware of a tree or brick wall,
> but are out of practice at using the skills unless we lose our sight.

Indeed, I saw a TV documentary a few years back about the London smog.
One of the interviewees was a woman, born blind, who as a girl had to
prevent her sighted mother working into a wall. The girl could
echolocate her way around, her mother could not, and the smog had
reduced visibility to practically zero,

--
 All the best,
 John