[Gllug] MP3 player recomendations

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 2 14:21:25 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 13:11:53 +0000 (GMT) Chris Bell
<chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun 02 Sep, Nix wrote:
> >
> > On 1 Sep 2007, John Hearns outgrape:
> >
> > > A suggestion of some middle of the road music for your new MP3
> > > player: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm8WYcuJRbw
> >
> > Hear that YouTube flattened quality! 2kHz is enough for anyone!
> >
> > (I listened to some Sigur Rós on YouTube a while back and was
> > disgusted by the quality. Then I tried some Steve Reich and decided
> > that *now* I was disgusted. That site's sound is insultingly awful,
> > worse than FM radio.)
>
>    I assume you mean AM radio

Whatever, but it's in mono anyway, so you're never going to get good
sound on it.

It also depends on who's done the recording. Some people
have more idea about this than others, But I doubt that anyone would be
able to present music that had any degree of subtlety on YouTube to
anyone's satisfaction,

--
 All the best,
 John