[Gllug] Goodbye SCO

paul at ma1.se paul at ma1.se
Mon Sep 17 10:33:02 UTC 2007

Christopher Currie wrote:

>>> Does it come with a guarantee that SCO won't sue you for using Linux ?
>
>> Ah - you want the optional $699 warranty package.
>
>> John
>
> I still have a copy of Caldera OpenDOS 7  somewhere. Even that was better than
> M$-DOS of the time.
>
> Do I have to give it to Novell?
>
> Christopher
> ----------------------
> Christopher Currie	ccurrie at usa.net

Oh I remember that I think. It used to be a free download, and you could
kind of multi task with it (there was a task manager IIRC).

Also I got Windows 3.11 working on top of it at one point after jumping
through a few hoops.

Hmm, my memory is kicking into action as I write this (this must have
been nearly 8-9  years ago now, and around the time I first experimented
with Linux) so I might be thinking of DR Dos though. Is that the same
thing?

Paul
www.ma1.se
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk