[Gllug] Virus on Linux/Mac

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 08:53:48 UTC 2007

On 21/09/2007, Christopher Hunter <chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 14:37 +0100, Pete Stean wrote:
> > You have to be careful here - I have a virus scanner on my linux
> > system because I don't feel comfortable about forwarding on emails to
> > windows users without one. I don't want to be a "carrier" so to speak
> >
> > Pete
>
> Why?  Windows users get what they deserve!
>
> C.

I'm not so sure, its perfectly possible to write a virus into a Openoffice
macro and get it to cause trouble in both Windows, Linux and MacOS. Also
could write it to infect Mozillia and effect Firefox, Thunderbird etc etc.
might not be able to cause some types of problem but cause cause just as
much havoc none the less. Linux is not imune to viruses its just we are not
a primary target... yet.....

Peter.