[Gllug] Free to good home: Acorn A680 (complete)

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Fri Sep 21 12:56:27 UTC 2007

"Sarah Lemarié" <sarah at thaum.net> writes:

> Hello - long time no post :)
>
> I've been quietly lurking away; however I've reason to post all of a
> sudden as I've been charged with homing what is apparently an Acorn
> A680, and I suspect I might find somebody with an interest in such a
> thing around here.
>
> I'll keep it brief; if you're interested get in touch and I'll be
> happy to answer any questions.
>
> I was only given the machine, with no paperwork to identify it, but
> booting and poking on it has led me to believe it's an A680 - they
> were fairly rare development machines for RISCiX. The display,
> keyboard, two mice, and all the cables you need plus some more are
> available. It boots to some extent..but you may need to work on it to
> make it do anything, I'm not familiar enough with old Acorns to
> comment, closest I ever came was using at A3000 :)

I don't want to take it away from Caroline, and the number of old
computers I have already is probably already approaching the
better-half-shouting-at-me level, but I would do dastardly things to get
ahold of one of those mice, and possibly the ethernet card if it's not
wanted (I think the bus interface is the same in a Risc PC).

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk