[Gllug] [OT] Power meter hire

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 6 19:29:18 UTC 2007

On Thu 06 Sep, John Hearns wrote:

> Slightly off topic, but relevant.
> Does anyone have suggestions for a company which could hire (or maybe
> sell) an accurate mains power meter?
> 1 phase, no big requirements on current (ie. 10 amp or less max).
> Has to be quite accurate - ie lab standard.
>
> Somewhere in London would be good.

Mills Ltd list a couple of true RMS digital multimeters

http://www.millsltd.com  (Close to the A40, Greenford/Northolt area)

CPC-Farnell list a true RMS DMM on short lead time, no price or other details

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/browse.jsp?N=411+1001692

   None specify power, just true RMS. I can check RS tomorrow. There are
plenty of lighting hire companies around, but they would deal in much higher
power meters.

   Do you just need a power meter, or power factor, wave shape, etc? I have
a dual channel oscilloscope, but that would not give a true RMS power
readout, not even a guess if non-sinsoidal.

   You might be able to purchase a small electricity (slot) meter as
supplied for rental properties.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk