[Gllug] No Expo this year

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 5 10:25:24 UTC 2007

Maybe, like some of gaming industry conventions that have become too
monolithic, perhaps it's time for them to consider going back to their roots
and doing something on a smaller scale... might breathe new life into the
hold thing.

I for one was looking forward to the social aspects of the expo  :\

Pete

On 05/09/07, Jason Clifford <jason at ukfsn.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 23:12 +0100, John Southern wrote:
> > Just noticed that the Linux Expo in October is postponed until next
> Spring
> > http://www.linuxworldexpo.co.uk/
>
> Not much of a surprise really. The expo has been declining for some
> years and it must be getting harder and harder to get companies to put
> up tens of thousands for space.
>
> Who really uses it as anything more than a social gathering now anyway?
>
> Jason
>
> --

'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997