[Gllug] Routing / IPCop

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Wed Sep 26 21:53:18 UTC 2007

Jason Clifford wrote:

>> Vodafone offers in certain Areas 7.2 Mbit down with Flat 7GB..
>
> Has anyone actually had that though? I keep hearing that mobile speeds
> never really exceed 2Mb and usually don't exceed 1Mb.

We have both T-Mobile and Vodafone devices.

I have frequently seen throughput rates that exceed 2Mbps SDSL - but
really this is a burst rate. Although it can and has been sustained,-
sometimes, with the wind behind you and downhill on a sunny day and
while no high vehicles, or planes, or gremlins, are going by, for an
hour or so - it usually isn't.

It's a good fallback for emergencies, and that's what we use it for
(well, mainly for our client's emergencies).

MeJ
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk