[Gllug] MP3 player recomendations

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 3 12:22:00 UTC 2007

On MP3 players I vote for the Sandisk Sansa range (I have an e280) - poor
cousin of the ipod in looks etc lol but recognised by the system as a USB
drive and has some nice features - cheaper than the ipod equivalent but not
so cheap as to be rubbish (Sandisk are well known for their SD cards etc)

Pete

On 03/09/07, Les Matthew <lesmcdm at clara.co.uk> wrote:

> Chris Jones wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Nix wrote:
> >> Ah, that's probably the difference. Last time I tested it (three years
> >> ago, aged 28) I could hear up to 25kHz. This is quite a drop from days
> >
> > While not really caring about the intricacies of audiophilia (I live in
> > London near a main road, it's never quiet enough to even hear the hiss
> > from my amp, let alone artifacts ;) I am rather curious to know what my
> > frequency response is. I don't have a baseline from my youth, but I can
> > easily still hear a CRT TV, which (if I understand what it is I'm
> > hearing correctly) is about 15kHz.
> >
> > Sure I could just fire up some sound editor and generate tones, but I'd
> > prefer a little tool specifically designed for the task which steps up
> > the frequency slowly so I can find the cutoff more easily. Anyone know
> > of such a beast?
> >
> > Cheers,
>
> A Sweep generator may be what you need.
>
> http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/jj/linux/siggen.html
>

> les...
> --

'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997