[Gllug] Crashing server diagnostics

Andy Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Thu Sep 13 15:22:13 UTC 2007

- Tethys wrote:
> On 9/13/07, Andy Farnsworth <farnsaw at stonedoor.com> wrote:
>

>> <last 8 lines of messages prior to system freeze>
>> [<c02d26da>] sys_poll+0x240/0x24d
>> [<c02d26da>] __pollwait+0x0/0x95
>> [<c0105c64>] co_notify_resume+0x28/0x38
>> [<c02d26da>] work_notifysig+0x13/0x15
>> Code:  Bad EIP value.
>>  <0>Fatal exception: panic in 5 seconds
>>

> You could really do with the rest of that error message. If you're
> lucky, it'll be in /var/log/messages. If not, then try and see if you
> can get a logging console server attached the box (if you haven't
> already got one).
>
> But from your description, I think the first thing I'd try would be
> running memtest86+ on the box for a while.
>
> Tet

After tracking down a bit more of the error, it seems that it is
asterisk is not shutting down before the reboot and the zaptel driver
won't unload.  If I manually shutdown asterisk first, the reboot works
fine.  This does not explain the system crashes during normal usage, but
it does explain the shutdown crash.  I am now working on getting
asterisk to shutdown when I issue a reboot command.

Andrew
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk