[Gllug] Designing a fairly simple website

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 15 07:40:23 UTC 2008

Hello,
   I am trying to set up a fairly simple website with about 10 pages, all
mainly plain text with a quick-click index frame on the left, and a page to
collect a few lines of data input submitted by visitors, probably to be
emailed to me rather than saved on the homepages provided by my ISP. It
would be nice to add a little background colour tint, but that is not vital.
   I have done plenty of DTP on my old Acorn RiscPC, but not including HTML,
so decided to try to create the website using Linux. I have spent several
days trying to use Quanta, but the documentation does not make everything
obvious, I do not find it intuitive, and keep getting the impression that I
would be better to spend the time reading an HTML (or PHP or similar?)
textbook and doing the editing using a plain text editor. Is it just my
inexperience?

Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk