[Gllug] Debugging kernel loading initrd

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sun Apr 27 21:54:59 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 02:46:31PM +0100, John Edwards wrote:
> (gdb) r
> Starting program: /home/john/temp/ipcop-1.9.1_trunk-r1332+busybox-static_instroot+hello/bin/sh
> warning: shared library handler failed to enable breakpoint
> Failed to read a valid object file image from memory.

Do you understand why you get this error??

> Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
> 0x080630f1 in ?? ()
> (gdb) disass
> No function contains program counter for selected frame.

It should be possible to disassemble the location (0x080630f1) even
though it's not part of any function (at least according to gdb, but
most likely it _is_ part of some function).  I'm still interested to
know what instruction it is that exists on P-II and above but not on
your basic Pentiums (Pentia?).

Rich.

--
Richard Jones