[Gllug] ASUS Eee PC

Salman AlJammaz sio at finiteless.net
Mon Apr 14 21:05:37 UTC 2008

Mick Farmer wrote:
> I'm thinking of getting one of these for work away from home
> or office.  Anyone used this box for serious work?

I borrowed one from a family member who recently got the 4GB model, I
installed gentoo on it and I've been using it for about a week.

 From my experience it's quite helpful especially when I'm in uni, I
carry it around with me without any weight problems. I even use it to do
most of my homework now.  The problem though (as someone else pointed
out) is that it becomes a bit annoying to use after 2-3 hours of
continues work.

The same goes for my dev work, though I mainly use vim so
I'm not sure about running full fledged IDEs (eclipse, kdev, et al.) on it.

Salman

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk