[Gllug] External Storage

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Thu Apr 10 15:09:13 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 15:59 +0100, Diana Scott wrote:
> Hi
>
> Do you know any Linux external storage that can take more than 20Gb ?

I just installed 100 odd Terabytes of external storage at Nottingham
University. This takes 28U of rack space, in seven separate chassis.
Can we check on the floor loading your house will take, and whether or
not your ring main can take the additional power load?

Maybe you should be looking at an eSATA connector.
http://www.serialata.org/esata.asp

How about one of these:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=99169&&source=14&doy=Search

eSATA or USB

Or indeed just buy a USB disk enclosure and put in whatever size of
drive you want.
I carry around a 160Gbyte USB hard drive with my eeePC, the drive is the
size of a pack of cigarettes.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk