[Gllug] Server management query

Andy Millar andy at andymillar.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 14:56:59 UTC 2008

My spam filter is configured to redirect all abuse@ and postmaster@ to
my main abuse mailbox.

I thought abuse@ was required as well?

I don't spam filter the mailboxes (yet) and don't get much spam to them
as they're not recorded anywhere.

I suppose the solution would be to set up an automated system to reply
to every email sent to your abuse/postmaster address requiring human
verification (i.e. click on this link to verify that you exist?). Some
companies are already doing this on their support@ mailboxes.

For numbers, my abuse@ mailbox has 40 items in it.

- Andy

---