[Gllug] IBM xSeries 330 boxes available

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Fri Aug 15 16:32:44 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 17:06 +0100, Kostas Georgiou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We'll be throwing away about 35 IBM xSeries 330 1U boxes in the
> next few days so if anyone wants to provide a home for some of them
> let me now.

Owwww... home Beowulf.
But I think my neighbours wouldn't put up with the noise, and the wiring
in the flat might get a bit melted.

I see you are in the HEP group - are these the same type which were
bought by Scotgrid? I saw a few racks of them in Glasgow.

ps. re. HEP equipment, the Intel twin-motherboard design seems to eb
going down very well. We put in 150 plus of them at the Rutherford Lab
(I think thats 75  plus chassis) and they worked very well.
I did some power draw measurements for a CERN bid (which we didn't get).
Having two systems share the same PSU does help with the overall power
draw of a rack.
16 cores per U :-)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk