[Gllug] Early Christmas

Alistair Mann gllug at lgeezer.net
Fri Aug 29 00:00:31 UTC 2008

Don Williams wrote:
> Hi there Glluggers, after a summer of installing Debian a few times and
> a few other distros, all with enjoyment and a savage rattling of my aged
> brain cells, my SWMBO has said "go choose" a new bit of desktop kit.
> Early Crimbo! Many times in the past this forum has guided me well - so
> how about now?

Hola Don,

If you want the machine to arrive with a Distro pre-installed, that
suggests to me a lack of confidence in doing the job yourself. That
suggests to me further that you'd be better off getting a Dell for no
other reason than there appears to me one metric f*** load of forums
(forii? fora?) on the Internet (which is a series of tubes) where many
are trying to do exactly the same as you will be, with the exact same
piece of kit. IE, a choice guided by extent of after-sales help rather
than any other factor.

Cheers,
--
Alistair Mann