[Gllug] Viglen MPC-L

David Power David.Power at viglen.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 12:12:45 UTC 2008

> Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 10:16:45 +0100
> From: Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org>
> Subject: [Gllug] Viglen MPC-L
> To: Greater London Linux Users Group <gllug at gllug.org.uk>
>

> Anyone has / tried one?
>
> http://www.viglen.co.uk/viglen/Products_Services/Product_Range/Product_f
> ile.aspx?Type_Info=Description&eCode=XUBUMPCL&Type=Desktops&GUID=
>
> Rich.

Hey Rich,

I've tested and played with one or two of them here, they're not quite up to the challenge of openoffice or any sorts of gaming (chassis not exactly designed for multiple SLI cards...) but they are just fine for many other purposes such as web browsing, remote terminal access, light weight user apps

We're also testing the systems out without hd's (no rotating parts at all, very quite, very low power), pxebooting them off a ltsp configured server and using them as thin clients (for which they're working quite well)

For an unbiased opinion on them, some folks at ubuntu recently did a podcast which had a review of this system:
http://podcast.ubuntu-uk.org/2008/07/31/s01e11-blowin-in-the-wind/

#-[shameless sales pitch]

If anyone is interested, there going for £79 (inc vat + del), get in touch with mpc at viglen.co.uk

-dp

Viglen Ltd, Registered in England No 1208441. Registered Office: 7, Handley Page Way, Colney Street, St. Albans, Hertfordshire AL2 2DQ.

Information in this electronic mail message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our customers, any information contained in this message is subject to Viglen Terms & Conditions. Please rely on your own virus checker and procedures with regard to any attachment to this message.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk