[Gllug] Lonix - London Linux User Group (August 2008 GBBF Meeting)

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 1 08:01:03 UTC 2008

Hi Tushar - can you confirm what time you and your crew are planning to get
to the stand?

Many thanks
Pete

Check out the blog @ http://thelondoneer.blogspot.com

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 3:54 AM, <tjoshi at lonix.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> Here are the details of the next meeting for Lonix,
>
> Date:  Wednesday 6 Aug 2008
> Time:  5.30 onwards (closes at 10.30)
> Place: Earls Court Exhibition Hall
> Map:
> Nearest Tube:  Earls Court
> Phone: 07980 224 772
>
> It's the GREAT British Beer festival and we're having a Lonix meeting
> there. This is a must trip for anyone who wants to sample as many of the 450
> beers they can drink.
>
> This place is big, and not only sells beer, but also a large selection of
> cider, perry, Belgian and American beers is available. Along with lots of
> traditional food; Pork Pies, Pork Scratching, Olives, Pasties, nuts and a
> large selection of cheese platters. Is your mouth watering yet?
>
> The cost of entrance is 6-8 pounds and then you rent/buy a souvenir glass
> which you then take to each stand, to try out the beer (which you have to
> pay for). To get the best selection it's always best to drink a half at each
> stand. It's normally about 1.10-1.20 for a half.
>
> As always we'll be meeting at the Badger Beer stand, but we'll sometimes be
> moving around and will meet back here every so often. If you can't locate us
> then give me a call.
>
> This is one meeting you should try and make.
>
> Next month we'll be having our annual instalfest, bit later this year
> mainly because the weather has been so good and people are out doing other
> things (can you believe it!).
>

> This e-mail was sent to you because you have subscribed to the Lonix
> meetings notification e-mail list. If you have any questions concerning
> this please contact us on www.lonix.org.uk/?showContact
>
> You can get out by logging in and then clicking on mailling list on the
> left and then
> choose the relevant list. This will remove you once and for all.
>
> Your Lonix Account Details are:
> Login via : http://www.lonix.org.uk
> Username: gllug at linux.co.uk
> Password: ******
>

> --

'In letters of gold, on a snow-white kite, I will write "I Love You!"
And send it soaring high above you, for all to read!'

RIP Billy M 1957-1997