[Gllug] Hello All!!!

ryan-ir at hai.fi ryan-ir at hai.fi
Sun Aug 24 08:08:34 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 08:24:19AM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> I'm guessing that you don't have a fast internet connection.

Actually, the problem is that I am staying with someone temporarily and
the connection they have is such that they are limited in the amount that
they can download every month - I don't to use up their internet quota.

> You might also want to consider looking at Fedora.  Although it won't
> directly help with RHEL 5 certification, it does point to where RHEL
> will be going in RHEL 6 & beyond.  Fedora 10 has just released an
> alpha version:
>
>   http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/10-Alpha/
>
> > BTW, I would be interested in any comments that list members
> > may have about Red Hat Certification.
>
> Naturally I would recommend it :-)

Ok, thanks for those comments. I won't be buying a fancy machine but no
doubt there will be space for Fedora. I am really just planning to have
a cheap server tucked away somewhere that I can logon to and play with
from time to time.

t. irvine
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk