[Gllug] routing via a second external IP

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 09:35:01 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:17 AM, C. Cooke <ccooke-gllug at gkhs.net> wrote:

> This is why using iptables and a separate routing table is a better
> solution - it's transparent to the end-user. You just select which
> traffic you'd like to travel down the second line.

Agreed, although I'm not convinced the instructions you gave earlier
will work. I did this a couple of years ago, and from memory, marking
packets wasn't enough in and of itself. I had to set a CONNMARK, and
then mark individual packets based on that, and then use that to
select an alternate routing table.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk