[Gllug] Linux Mobile device that will work with BES or OMA?

Michael G Fletcher michael at ilovemylinux.com
Fri Aug 29 12:58:55 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 12:21 PM, william pink <will.pink at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am being pushed into getting a mobile device at work on which I can be
> contacted on by email and voice calls, I personally don't want a Windows
> mobile device as I would end up jumping up and down on it after getting
> frustrated with how unbearably slow it will be and I don't really want a
> Blackberry because I would like if possible a SSH client (I know this would
> be a great pain on such a small keyboard). Is there any stable Linux based
> devices that can utilise  BES or OMA or the other alternative is IMAP over a
> SSH tunnel. But what is everyone else using?
>
> Thanks,
> Will
>
> --

I'm bound to be shot down for this, but it may be worth investigating
the Neo FreeRunner (http://www.openmoko.com/product.html). I'm not
sure how stable/usable the openmoko OS is yet, but I believe Trolltech
have ported Qtopia that can be installed on the hardware and all
works...

--Michael
Michael Fletcher

Visit my website here - http://www.mgfletcher.com/blog