[Gllug] Hello All!!!

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sun Aug 24 07:24:19 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 10:12:18AM +0300, ryan-ir at hai.fi wrote:
> I am thus wondering whether anyone would be able to help out
> and burn a DVD of Centos 5.2 (the 32 bit version) - of course,
> I would also be willing to except CDs.

I'm guessing that you don't have a fast internet connection.  If you
do have even a moderate Internet connection then it would be easier
downloading ISOs from:

  http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/isos/

Notice that the netinstall ISO is a mere 8 MB (although during the
actual install, everything else gets downloaded over your connection
so it's a bit of a stretch to say this is a small download).

You might also want to consider looking at Fedora.  Although it won't
directly help with RHEL 5 certification, it does point to where RHEL
will be going in RHEL 6 & beyond.  Fedora 10 has just released an
alpha version:

  http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/test/10-Alpha/

> BTW, I would be interested in any comments that list members
> may have about Red Hat Certification.

Naturally I would recommend it :-)

Rich.

--