[Gllug] Asus EeePC 701 on offer from Expansys again

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Mon Aug 25 13:54:23 UTC 2008

I know this was mentioned on the list last time, but almost too late for
anyone to take advantage of it.  Just in case anyone's interested
however, eXpansys are repeating their cheap offer of EeePC 701s for £160
this Friday from 11am to 4pm.

Personally I think they're just trying to flog off their old stock now
the newer ones are available, but I wonder whether one could use one as
a low power server (obviously with the addition of a large external USB
drive).

Anyone know how much power one of these would consume?  And whether the
cooling is up to being left on all the time?

Cheers,
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk