[Gllug] How to handle spam bounces from secondary MX server

Ryan Cartwright r.cartwright at equitasit.co.uk
Mon Dec 8 16:02:54 UTC 2008

2008/12/8 Bruce Richardson <itsbruce at workshy.org>:
> On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 02:32:39PM +0000, Ryan wrote:
>> As Martin said, the secondary MX must be set up in the same way as the
>> primary or it will defeat your anti-malware/spam measures.
>
> And I disagree, having had the opposite experience by using greylisting
> on my secondary and not my primary.  That and call forwarding has been a
> winning combination (for me; may not work for everybody).

Okay then let's say it has to be at least the same level as your
primary. I'm intrigued as to how your set-up can be as effective
though. Greylisting causes enough confusion among some users as it is,
if the greylisting delay only occured when the mail came in via the
secondary MX I think it would make my phone glow an even brighter
shade of red. :o)

--
Ryan Cartwright
Equitas IT Solutions