[Gllug] ssh brute force attacks

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 18:22:46 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Dan Kolb <gllug at eco.li> wrote:

> Only if you get people who don't know what they're doing fiddling around inside
> cryptographic algorithms/code.

How do you propose to protect against that? The fact is that for a
very long time, a major distribution was running some critical
software with a major security flaw. It happened to be Debian, but it
could have been any of the big distributions, and the users of the
distribution would be unaware of the problem, as happened in this
case. Relying on your distribution (or even someone upstream) having
not made a similar error strikes me as being pretty unwise...

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk