[Gllug] VACANCY: Technical Manager

jt at camalyn.org jt at camalyn.org
Tue Dec 30 11:32:59 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 10:50 +0000, Andy Millar wrote:

> To his credit, he did respond with the location of the job.
>
> It would be nice, however, if people stopped specifying "salary range is dependent on experience".
>
> You may as well not say anything, and therefore maintain your breach of the list rules.
>
> - Andy

As I emailed Martin, I'm sorry that I forgot to include the location -
bit stupid of me I admit!

I really do want to maintain a good relationship with the Gllug
community.

I did omit the salary range which I think is what I have done in my
previous vacancy posts too.  As a recruiter and someone who has hired
staff (technical and non technical) in previous jobs I know that salary
ranges often become irrelevant and the same is true for my partner who
also has experience of recruiting staff too.  From experience though
someone with least 2-3 years in a paradigm (oo, functional or
relational) and exposure to agile, 2+ languages should be at least
earning £45k and that being said for someone with management experience
as well as programming, you should probably be looking at currently
earning £50k-£70k, but again this is subject to your employer and
location....it might be true that you could be earning slightly more
than £70k but I wouldn't want you to feel as though you shouldn't
contact me to discuss the role as I am not claiming that this is in any
way the client's salary range.

There should have been enough information though in my post for someone
who is interested to contact me to talk about the role with me off-list.
I hope there was at least!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk