[Gllug] VACANCY: Technical Manager

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Wed Dec 31 18:17:37 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 13:17 +0000, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 11:32 +0000, jt at camalyn.org wrote:
>

> > From experience though
> > someone with least 2-3 years in a paradigm (oo, functional or
> > relational) and exposure to agile, 2+ languages should be at least
> > earning £45k and that being said for someone with management experience
> > as well as programming, you should probably be looking at currently
> > earning £50k-£70k, but again this is subject to your employer and
> > location.
>
> That's entirely unrealistic.  With that skill set and with management
> experience, you should be offering at least £150000 p.a.  You're either
> wrongly describing the position, or have no idea what a "Technical
> Manager" actually is!

I'd like to think the job is worth 150k because I might be interested in
it. Realistically though it looks comparable to other jobs I've seen
advertised at around the £60-70k mark in London. There are people who
pay more but not many. If this job was advertised on Jobserve at 60-70k
there would be at least 300 applicants willing to work for that.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk