[Gllug] Powerline homeplug experiences

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Sun Dec 14 08:21:19 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 19:37 +0000, j.roberts wrote:
> Christopher Hunter wrote:
>
> > The ones I have here far exceed their rated transmission rate.
>
> That's novel.
>
> > I anyone's interested, I'll root around under the desk, and find out the
> > brand name.
>
> Please, I'd be interested.
>
> MeJ

Just had a rummage, and these are the things:
http://corinex.com/product/16.html but they don't have a brand name on
them.  They work on any mains supply voltage without adjustment.  They
have a label on the underside that suggests that they are capable of 64
Mbps, but I find that they are considerably quicker than that.

I tried Belkin and Netgear ones before, and they were appalling compared
to these.  I saw the Corinex ones in use in Hong Kong, and decided to
get some for myself whilst there as they were very cheap ($55 US for a
pair at the time).

The carrier signal level stuffed down the mains is probably more than is
entirely legal, but it guarantees a good, solid signal that appears
impervious to sources of interference.

Regards

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk