[Gllug] Aaaaarrrggghhh!!!! I need a working ISP

Anthony Newman anthony.newman at ossified.net
Tue Dec 30 11:42:11 UTC 2008

Robert McKay wrote:
> Secondly they subscribe to the Internet Watch Foundation's banlist
> which caused them to start diverting all port 80 traffic to
> wikipedia's IPs to be hijacked by a malicious squid proxy that blocked
> access to this page;

I think you'll find all large consumer ISPs are now doing this to some
extent, and and not already doing so will be doing so soon, as part of a
tacit agreement to mitigate the likelihood of punitive Government
legislation to make it mandatory.

Any cries about 'Net Neutrality are to be met with screams of "BUT THINK
OF THE CHILDREN!!!", and thus neutralised ;)

Ant
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk