[Gllug] repeat soft noise from hard drive

Alistair Mann gllug at lgeezer.net
Wed Dec 10 07:12:21 UTC 2008

Diana,

SATA & ATA describe the physical connector the hard drive uses, and are
both found along one of the drive's short edges. "ATA" is more often
known as EIDE (on older equipment) or PATA (on newer.)

If your existing hard drive connector looks like this, then you have
PATA/EIDE:
http://bixnet.net/images/HDBar-HPDV1000-HardDrive.jpg

If it looks like this instead, you have SATA:
http://www.lapzone.com/catalog/PICT1449.jpg

Cheers,
--
Alistair Mann