[Gllug] Can't create a new session

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 23 10:22:20 UTC 2008

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 10:03:54 +0000 John G Walker
<johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Suddenly, this morning, KDE (under openSuSE 10.2) is not allowing me
> to create a new session. The option is not appearing on the menu.

The sequence of events - omitted from my original post - is that I was
able to switch to starting a new session, but it failed. Initially, I
had two sessions running on the machine, and, following the failure to
start the new session, the "start new session" option was greyed out.

I then terminated one of the sessions. The "start new session" option
re-appeared and I attempted to start a new one. This failed. Now the
"start new session" option doesn't appear at all.

I can, however, start a command-line (not KDE) second session, so it
seems to be a KDE problem,

--
 All the best,
 John