[Gllug] Powerline homeplug experiences

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Tue Dec 16 12:38:55 UTC 2008

2008/12/14 Tethys <sta296 at astradyne.co.uk>

> Numbers please. Just what sort of performance are you getting?

I did some quick and dirty benchmarks on my Devolo kit and blogged really
badly about it:
http://lastinfinitetentacle.blogspot.com/2008/02/devolo-not-so-bad.html

With powerstrips shared by all manner of devices (basically all the bad
things at once)  I was getting ~11Mb/s from PowerLan kit specced at 80Mb/s.
When I rejigged all the wiring to test, I got close (I don't recall exactly
how close) to 80Mb/s throughput. I recall I did the testing using netcat.

I'd retest, but all my worldly belongings are in a box on a boat.

Richard