[Gllug] new mobile phone

Pete Stean peteste at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 4 14:34:51 UTC 2008

I own a second generation Nokia N95 8GB. While I find the GPS is good
95% of the time (put it near a window and it seems to pick up five or
six satellites within 30 seconds or so) , occasionally it doesn't seem
to want to play ball at all, and will only give me the 'approximate'
to 1700 metres thing (using mobile mast power readings I guess). Also,
battery life when you've been using GPS or wi-fi for a while is
absolutely attrocious - some days I can only go 24 hours before it
needs another charge.

I think it's a lovely phone in terms of features, certainly the best
phone I've ever owned in that respect, but a viable satnav
replacement? Don't think so...

Pete

check out my all-new blog at: http://peteste.blogspot.com
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk