[Gllug] Capturing Linux screen video via software/hardware?

salsaman at xs4all.nl salsaman at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 7 09:41:30 UTC 2008

On Thu, February 7, 2008 10:29, Martyn Drake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anybody recommend an external hardware solution that would enable
> me to capture video from an DVI source?  I'm looking to capture OpenGL
> based applications running Linux which would probably mean that most
> software solutions would be out of the question.
>
> Regards,
>
> Martyn
> --

I built a hardware grabber setup for a client a year or so ago. The only
card I found which worked well with Linux was from Unigraf
(http://www.unigraf.fi/). The cards are not cheap ~ 2000 euro, though they
may have come down in price now. However they are fully supported with GPL
drivers and full v4l2 support.

Gabriel.
http://lives.sf.net

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk