[Gllug] Unusual motherboard

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 3 06:26:19 UTC 2008

On Sat 02 Feb, John Edwards wrote:

> The VIA C3 processor is i386 compatible so try booting something like
> knoppix from the CD drives. If not then move the hard drive to another
> machine and install it there.
>
> No idea about "Mercury". Maybe the name of the motherboard or company?

   Thanks for all the replies, the processor was so small that I had discounted anything i386 compatible. The motherboard is indeed marked Mercury.

   The box looks very clean,  both CD drives recognise that a disc is
present, but it appears that neither is actually reading a disc. I managed
to get into the BIOS setup, and there is a great range of possible boot
configurations.
   One correction, it is a VIA C3 PRO 1500 processor.

Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk