[Gllug] scanner wanted

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Feb 5 00:37:42 UTC 2008

On 3 Feb 2008, Tethys verbalised:
> Unsurprisingly, though, SCSI interfaces are now only found
> on high end devices, and the mass market is almost exclusively
> USB these days.

I'd expect the market for SCSI printers to have been eaten alive by
networked printers, though. I mean, 10GbE network links are likely to
eat dedicated internal *disk* busses alive in the next five years or so,
and printers, even insanely high-end phototypesetters, don't have
anywhere near that sort of hunger for bandwidth.

--
`The rest is a tale of post and counter-post.' --- Ian Rawlings
                                                   describes USENET
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk