[Gllug] new mobile phone

Savvas, Panayotis panayotis.savvas at logicacmg.com
Mon Feb 11 07:57:43 UTC 2008

I tried the N95 over the weekend, and have to admit it seems like a cool device, but I decided not for me.

I am currently liking the HTC on the market in particular the HTC Touch Cruise with seems very cool. I know, I know it's an MS based machine, but is there an open alternative (are any mainstream phones open - I haven't heard of any)? This will allow me to keep my assisted GPS + Tom Tom setup, all the connectivity and office based functions you can shake a stick at. There is even a (slightly) ugly workaround to syncing MS mobile devices with evolution

http://cristiantm.wordpress.com/2007/12/22/sync-wm5-wm6-with-evolution-without-activesync/

Has anyone tried this? It seems to make sense (despite having to use an exchange server to do basic sync from desktop to pda).

Any alternatives?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk