[Gllug] new mobile phone

Panos Savvas pasavvas.accounts at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 4 01:06:19 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I am shopping around for a new mobile phone. Can anyone recommend one that
will work well with Linux?
i.e sync mail/calendars/contacts, apply firmware upgrades, mounts as
removable drive etc.

I have been thinking of the nokia n95 8Gb. this comes with sat nav software.
does anyone know if it is any good? i.e. can I replace my tom tom with it?
Will I be able to use my linux pc to update maps/poi's etc?

Any alternative recommends? I want a phone with decent camera/music player,
great connectivity (most important - wifi/gprs/3g etc) and decent
calendaring.
An added bonus is sat nav/mapping

Most important and the main point of this email... will I be able to use
with linux?

Thanks all in advance.