[Gllug] Large text corpus on DVD

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 19:02:18 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 1:46 PM, Richard Huxton <dev at archonet.com> wrote:

> Before I set off a mammoth download does anyone know of a supplier of
>  something like the Wikipedia text / Gutenberg compilation on DVD? I'm
>  not really concerned what it is, I'm just after a large body of English
>  to run text-searches against.

How large? What sort of text? In the past, I've used the Baen free
library, which is pretty good as far as prose goes (and of course,
Gutenberg would be good here too), where Wikipedia would be very
different in terms of the structure of the text. I'm not aware of
anywhere offering it on DVD, I'm afraid. I just downloaded it when I
needed to.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk