[Gllug] Odd routing problem

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 23:21:31 UTC 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 3:14 PM, Ben Whyte <ben at whyte-systems.co.uk> wrote:
> I have a static ip on my adsl router.
>
> I have a dns entry for that IP address.
>
>  From outside my home network i can connect to the services on my home
> network that are portforwarded from my router.
>
> However from inside the network it fails, saying connection refused.
>
> Any one ever come accross this before, or got any ideas on how to solve it ?

Sounds like you are trying to connect to the external IP via the
internal network, right?  You packets are probably getting munged
because the router cannot add your internal address to the external
NAT table.  Or maybe it is something else entirely...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk